Material Suppliers: What to Expect
Thank you for pitching your byproducts in the [Re]Verse Pitch Competition! Here’s what to expect in the competition and when to expect it:
Week of January 17: Create HeroX Account
You will receive an email invitation to join HeroX with instructions on how to create a HeroX account. Create your HeroX account, so you’ll be ready to post your repurposing ideas after the pitch. If you do not receive the email invitation or have any trouble creating an account, please contact Lance McNeill with the Office of Innovation:
January 16 : Send in PowerPoint
This is the deadline to send in your PowerPoint presentation for the pitch, so that we can upload it to the computer and reduce the likelihood of technical difficulties.
January 17: Opening Pitch
This is your show! At the opening pitch event, you will pitch your material(s) to competitors and other audience members (mentors, judges, & general public). You will have 6 minutes to pitch followed by 3 minutes of Q&A from competitors. In your presentation, please address the following:
· Who are you (your organization, what you do, why you have this material)?
· What is your material? What are its properties?
· What volume of the material is generated monthly? Is there any seasonality to the material that competitors need to be aware of?
· What is your current disposal method for this material? Why are you looking for a new solution?
· What terms would you require from a potential recipient of this material (price, regular pick-up required, etc.)? Are there any restrictions on the use of the material?
· Are you aware of any reuse options for this material?
· Is this material commonly generated by organizations in your industry? How scalable would a reuse solution for this material be?
· Anything else you think would be important for a business that wants to reuse your material to know.
The event will end with 30 minutes for networking between with you, competitors, judges, mentors, and other attendees.
January 17- February 19: Offer Guidance and Advice to Competitors
Competitors will work with mentors & advisors to refine their business idea(s). During this time, please be an active user of HeroX to review ideas using your material and volunteer any guidance or advice that will help competitors create a viable solution for your material. Your contact information will be shared with competitors who submit initial concept statements that repurpose your material so that they may reach out to you directly to ask specific questions about the material. Please respond in a timely manner to these requests.
February 20: Finalist Application Deadline
In order to be considered to become a finalist and pitch on December 6th, competitors must submit a finalist application. At this stage, competitors will be asked to fill out specific questions relating to the Judging Criteria.
February 23- Finalists Announced
The judges’ selections of finalists will be announced.
February 23-March 7: Pitch Practice
Finalists will refine their pitch & with support from their mentor, and may have some additional questions for you during this process.
March 7: Final Pitch Event
We hope you’ll attend the final pitch event where finalists will pitch their business concepts to the judging panel. All pitches will be videoed and uploaded to http://reversepitch.org after the event.
Finalists will have 6 minutes to pitch, and will have access to a template pitch deck to address each of the judging criteria areas. Judges will have 4 minutes for Q&A. The winners will be announced at the event.
March 7 & Beyond: Make a Repurposed Solution for Your Material a Reality!
Whether an idea uses your material wins the Innovation Prize or not, we hope you continue to work with entrepreneurs that were interested in repurposing your material to turn their idea into reality!